Professional negligence claims have become more common in recent years, as businesses and individuals are becoming increasingly reliant upon professional advice. Professionals are required to exercise reasonable skill and care when advising you. If that advice falls below a reasonable standard, then there can be serious consequences for you or your business, resulting in financial loss, physical damage or injury.
What elements need to be proved?
- The professional owed you a duty of care;
- The duty must have been breached by poor advice or skill. A comparative exercise is often undertaken between them and a reasonably competent professional in their field;
- The breach must have caused loss.
We act for companies, partnerships, LLPs, directors and individuals in all manner of professional negligence disputes, whether by litigation or Alternative Dispute Resolution. We can act on your behalf; with the aim of putting you in the position that you would have been, had the negligence not occurred.
We can advise on claims against:
- Solicitors and barristers;
- Accountants and tax advisers;
- Construction professionals, including architects and engineers;
- Valuers and surveyors;
- Medical professionals, including doctors, dentists and hospitals; and
- Financial advisors.
If you believe you have suffered negligence in a professional capacity, contact us for specialist advice.